Sunday, January 31, 2010

Black Lung Crayola #40 "S.O.S.!"





























Well I finally made it back to San Francisco this past weekend. The group I went out with were nearly all smokers so it was going to be a trying night. This time I carried my little notepad and a 16 pack of crayolas with me as we layed waste to this filthy town. Above is the progression of the evening and, I'm proud to say, even after ending up at a one of the few bars in the city that allow smoking, I, like a creepy little troll, sat in the corner and colored fuiously.
It is now Sunday morning and I am officially halfway through my 31st day off not smoking. I still want them all the time but this whole "tricking the brain" thing does seem to be doing the trick for now.






4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS, Jake, for your creativity, self-discipline and perseverance! Enjoy the rewards and benefits of quitting. Thanks for sharing your journey that may inspire others who choose to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm....after lookin' at your blog for a couple weeks, I didn't even realize you were someone I've seen around before....crazy shit I tell ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake - keep coloring man! I love the way you've taken charge and are quitting on YOUR terms. Let us know via twitter or facebook or something when you're episode of "The Doctors" is gonna air! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, nearly everybody was smoking, but I was the only one who had a pack so they were all just smoking mine! That's okay I believe in keeping North Carolina strong, you quitters are trying to turn my home state into South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete